Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Quarter of a Century!

Yes, it sounds like a lot...
and it feels old to me!!
 
I am 25 today....
I know to many it seems young;
to me it is a big birthday - a milestone!
 
Will be spending this evening
with my family and friends - looking forward to it!
 
It is a busy time of year for me,
but I took the past 2 days off to make a quick
little trip, by my lonesome, to Alberta!
Went to visit the family there, especially my dear grandparents!
Oma has been in and out of the hospital lately and
really wanted to go spend some time with her...
so, I went!!
 
It was lovely, It was great!
Nice to spend time with Oma and Opa, connected with aunts,
slept in after a unbroken night of sleep:)
Had an amazing time with some of my cousins,
had chats with them that will remain in that room,
a fond memory to treausure!
Refreshed!
but I am also glad to be home, loving my hubby and kidlets!
 
One thing I do know, next time we go to Alberta,
it will be for a lot longer than 2 days...
seems like we always make that direction a quick trip
but, next time, it won't be.
(If I am welcome for longer of course!!)
 
I am really enjoying things right now...
 
 (a recent family shot!)
 
I've really slacked in the pictures on blog department
so a bit of catch from the last month or so:



... so Ranen!!
 
Corina took a quick snapshot of us out for a walk: 

Owen enjoys his stand alone jolly jumper... 
this frog was up quite high and he was always trying to grab it and couldn't.
Priceless seeing his face when he finally did!
 (the frog is lower here... after he pulled it down already!)
 
 So happy to have it!!
 
 And don't try take it!!  I am NOT letting go :)
 
 We went for a great dinner by Uncle John and Aunt Wendy!
Uncle John loved getting giggles out of Owen and cuddling with Ranen!
 
A couple Alberta pics...
(not managing to get phone one to upload!)
- and I need to work so not fooling around with it anymore!
 We got together in a room at the care home that Oma is staying at
for Opa's birthday...
 
First time Legacy saw Oma since she went into the hospital... very excited!

Lucas!... you handsome cutie!

 Kieran, you sweet boy - you love the other kids attention...
you are a sweetheart!
 
 Sean, not too sure about this crazy lady were you!!
You handsome little buddy, quite the goof you are!
 
Maddie, the once shy, now not so shy sweetheart!!
You made, me missing my kids, just a little easier!... always ready for a snuggle!
 
Bought some flowers for Ashlee, as a little thanks for having me
crash her house for 2 days!! 
Aunt Jayme has a flower shop in Coaldale (the Blooming Willow!)
She does beautiful work!
Good thing I couldn't take this home Ash, or it might just be sitting
on my shelf!! lol (kidding...)
Thanks so much for having me - you are a hoot!  Love you!

Also visited my Mom's cousin and her kids...
she is a sweet, wonderful mother with very many positives that
I can learn from!!  Appreciated visiting with you Glenda!
Her happy kidlets!!


 
Ok, now back to work
before my customers start reading this and then
fully understand why they don't have card proofs yet!! :)
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing those pics!!
    Loved seeing all those faces again:)
    xoxo
    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you would be welcome to stay longer!! And thanks again for the gorgeous flowers:) Enjoy your Birthday!
    xo Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Wishing you all the best!

    Yup, conversations staying in the room alright! HA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Marlies! Wishing you many more happy and healthy years together with your little family. The pictures of Raenen are priceless and the one of Owen with the big grin is just adorable. So glad for you that you could make that quick trip to see your family, but especially your Oma and Opa. It is amazing how far the distance can feel sometimes. I'm sure they were very happy to see you too! -Krista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Marlies! Sweet pic's of Ranen and Owen.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... we appreciate knowing that you were here!