Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ranen's First Year!

Finally a chance to create the post that I having been dreaming of for a while.  Our precious daughter turned 1 on July 27 - a joyful, exciting day(s) for us!  We had a great time with family and friends and have treasured the many moments we spent together. 
It was also a bittersweet day. -thinking of what might have been and of what we miss.  We try not to dwell on this fact but it is also good for us to express it at times... rather than suppressing it.  While it was the first 1st birthday we celebrated, we were thinking of the other first birthday that never was and of what it may have been like to have a 2 year old helping Ranen celebrate... Thoughts that will always live with us from day to day. 

Ranen`s first year was a special one for us!  ...we hope that we may be blessed with more years like this last one! 
Back on the morning of July 26, 2010 we went into Chilliwack General Hospital to be induced and were expecting a rather quick delivery because our last one was...  Not so - Ranen decided she was not quite ready and decided to wait until July 27, 7:02 p.m.  Our bundle of joy arrived weighing 8lbs, 4oz.  The feelings that followed these special moments are undescribable - very mixed emotions! 
From this day on we got to treasure all our precious moments with our little girl...  She has grown quickly, made us laugh, made us cry, shown character, cuddled, stolen our hearts and so much more!  We love our precious bundle and truely hope that we will be blessed with more years together. 

I find it amazing to look back at the pictures and see how much she has grown...  I will share some of my favourites...


Cuddling with my proud Daddy...  he treats me the best!  He is such a fabulous Daddy... I love him to bits and pieces:)

One of the few pictures with my mommy...  (thanks Auntie Grace)



I was swinging my hands at things on my mat at 4 weeks.




I was in the jolly jumper (and LOVED it) at 4 months...



My first snow! (mommy cares more than me!)



Sitting on my own at 6 months...

(loves mirrors... still now!)

 I love the calves and the calves love me!
I can be goofy too!

Please mommy... can we go visit Daddy!



I started taking steps and furniture walking at 10 months but was a little too chicken to really walk until my first birthday!!  Now I really go!

My birthday present from Daddy and Mommy (and the baby is from Opa and Oma Lindhout)...  suddenly I have turned into a real mommy!  I even know how to back up when I walk into walls!

Baby gets a kiss!

Hope you enjoyed the snapshots of moments into Ranen`s first year... 

Hopefully I can improve at updating regularly so that you all don`t get sick of opening to`...oh, still no new one!!` Thanks for your patience everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... we appreciate knowing that you were here!