Friday, August 14, 2015

one more year...

... has come and gone.
one more year of missing our Landon.
one more year of milestones past that he was not present at.
birthdays, weddings, family pictures,
school opening, kindergarten performances,
uniform fit days, holidays, ....
the list goes on!
 
Last week Ben and I were just discussing
how you have this day, the day he was born,
where you really pause, stop, reflect, remember
(and I am thankful for that)
but that every day Landon is missed
in the daily doings of our family.
 
Ranen is now at an age where she is asking questions
and it is difficult to explain everything to her
but her comprehension is amazing.
Last night she said to me "Mom I wish I was born before Landon"
My reply was "why sweetheart?"
"Because then I would have been able to hold his body"
 
God's mercy is new each morning and I am
thankful that I have today to hold, love and cherish my
other three little sweethearts.
 
 

2 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment... we appreciate knowing that you were here!