Friday, August 28, 2015

It was fun until....

Katie's bit into a jalapeño pepper 😳
Yup it's a true story.... We had been harvesting Friday morning... Trying to beat the rain (which we so desperately need and are longing for!)

Katie was walking around just doing whatever ... Then she was beside me hugging my leg, whimpering and then full out crying!
 It didn't take me long to know what it was.... Poured some cream into her mouth and gave her yogurt to eat and then slowly she was happy again!! 

We had a good morning, digging out our gold, harvesting all the tomatoes off the plants - red and green alike because rain will finish them off - I was going to throw away these plants because I didn't have room in my greenhouse.... Then I put them into some little corner of the garden, completely neglected them and they still rewarded me with this! Thank plants... I owe you one!!


We made 3.5 batches of salsa with the ripe ones on Saturday and now I still need to work away the green ones plus all the tomatoes I picked from the greenhouse!! 

The kids had a lot of fun digging for (Yukon) gold!! And also love picking beans! 



we sure picked a lot so we picked up Helen's pressure canner on Saturday and canned up 16-500ml jars of beans... Especially for Ben because I am not such a canned beans fan! 
Such a great helper!!

The rewards... 


A little dog loving in the process
She's my favourite... But she's getting old! 

Ranen loved taking pictures of the crops still growing...




Love building memories with my kids in this way.... Wish I could post the video of their excitement when digging up potatoes!!! Xo

2 comments:

  1. It Is amazing what you all get out of your garden!
    Lots of work, but very rewarding, and so exciting to see it grow and mature till it's ready to harvest!
    Xo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Cute!! And soo much fun!:)
    xo LK

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... we appreciate knowing that you were here!