Friday, December 19, 2014

when I'm with you...

... I'm happy!
When we hug it's like I don't ever want to let go.
When you make me smile it brings the sunshine out in me.
When I see you and our eyes meet, it's like something I've never felt before.
 
and I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes,
in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality,
I'd find you and I'd choose you   xo
 
Our dear hubby and daddy celebrates a birthday today.
He prefers no fan-fare, no celebration, no busyness,
no specialty, no craziness,
but he is a man worth celebrating;
he is the rock of this home,
he is so loved, treasured and adored
that we can't help but get a little excited for
days that are meant just for him!
My all time favourite picture of my favourite guy <3
 
You put up with my crazy antics, my camera fetish, my wild ideas,
my drive for time together, my lack of drive for a clean house...
 
You follow and support me in all my new ideas;
like healthy eating - although my concoctions with natural sweetners
in place of sugar, almond/coconut flours instead of normal
 ain't pleasing you much... and I don't blame you
but yet you always focus on the good and realize how I am trying
to help this dear family that we call ours...
 

 
You crack me jokes when I need them, You treasure me like I am your gold,
You make me feel special in so many ways,
You recognize my need to explore things, You support me through trying
and difficult times, You push me in times of fear,
You drive my world....

Love this pic... because it is so YOU! Out in a place quiet, calm and serene,
in your own thoughts, appreciating the beauty

You make time for me, and just me and I love you for it!

The kids... what can I say!  You know as well as me how they adore
you... Daddy is their anchor, their rock, their special one!
Love seeing you dote on them, play fight, tease,
explore and teach them...  They treasure their time with you and
I am so glad that you treasure and prioritize your time with them!

 



This picture cracks me up... I know how you thought I was crazy... their was snow but it
was raining... but I was determined to go sledding with the kids... and you, you know when
something is important to me and you make it happen! 


 

 
All of our important events... you were there!
Our family is your priority and it makes me so thankful!

You know what I appreciate and will think of me if there is something
you know I will enjoy - like if there is a gorgeous sunrise, you choose to
phone, make sure I am awake and not missing the beauty...
You fill my love tank, You radiate love... 
 
Even the dogs know how special you are...



 

Ben, you are the wind in my sails,
the spring in my step
the flip to my flop,
the sweet in my dreams
the twinkle in my eye,
the blue in my sky,
the gin to my tonic,
the bumble to my bee,
the mac to my cheese,
the shake to my bake,
the bubble to my bath,
the spring in my step,
the ink to my pen,
the icing on my cupcake,
the highligh to my day,
the smile to my face,
the best to my friend,
THE SUN TO MY SHINE!
 
When I tell you I LOVE YOU
I don`t say it out of habit or to make conversation.
I say it to remind you that you are the best thing
that ever happened to me!
I`m a real big fan of yours! 


 


I'm loving my little annual tradition of setting the kids
loose in a dollar store and letting them pick personal special
gifts for their daddy!  Love seeing what they pick...
and their excitement wrapping them and planning
for Daddy to stop feeding as soon as they wake so that
he can come in and open their collection!
 
...   ...
 
...you ask why
i love you.
for this:
you are a minute of quiet.
in a loud shouting world (gabriel gadfly)
 
you are not a drop in the ocean. you are the entire ocean in a drop (rumi)
 
Hun, I love you!
Wishing you a wonderful birthday
but above all, a blessed year ahead...
xo

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment... we appreciate knowing that you were here!