Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Playing Catch-up!

Seems like I am typically trying
to accomplish what should have been done
yesterday or the day before!
 
...
Such goes my life - so instead of apologizing for
it or saying it is going to change (because it probably wont!!)
- I am just going to relish in the fact
that I can admit to my weaknesses
and soldier on!!  :)
 
Yesterday, it was brought up by 2 special people,
that I have forgotten to blog on a few important occasions!!
(thanks hubby and sis!)
Ben - he will forgive me when the mail arrives
and then I can share my surprise with you all...
a father's day surprise!
Finished and ordered... a little late but better than never!
but apparently I still should have blogged!! xo
Love you Ben!!
 
Warm summer evening walks/bike:
 
 
 Falling off bike comforting...

Love working at your side... so many projects to do around here!
Raised beds, gardening, picket fence...
I love the days we work side by side!
 
You are a fabulous Daddy - the kids adore you (me too!)
We love you to the moon and back!
 
A few birthdays to mention...
On Sunday, Chris turned 29 and Opa Lindhout 75!
Opa's first grandchild was born on his birthday - he is so proud of that!
(and over the years 2 more also share their special day!)
Monday we all gathered at the school to celebrate!
So nice to have everyone together!
A little story behind this gift... just over a month ago Opa asked me to please
watch Craigslist for a camera... he says his was no good anymore but Oma
was not letting him buy a new one cause he has 5 already!
(to Oma nothing is garbage till it is broken into pieces!!:)
So I talked to all the teen and older grandkids if they would like to pitch
in and buy him a new one!!  He was SO pleased!!
but with the shake of the finger I was called a 'dirty bugger' for
organizing a gift like this!! love it!
(and around noon on Monday - just before party - Opa phoned me
to see if I had found one yet, so I said no but I would keep looking :) 


LOVE you Opa!
 
Opa also got a new trailer for behind his lawn mower from his kids...












Aunt Wendy - playing with Cody... just heard yesterday that
she is an Oma again!!  Tom and Janice are expecting!!!
SO SO HAPPY FOR THEM!
 
Mom doting on Owen... love to see this!
You are such a fabulous Oma!! LOVE YOU!
 
Chris is such a great dad... also present with his kids,
quick to lie on the floor and join in their fun!
He recently started a new job which he is really enjoying...
working together with farmers daily - right up his alley!

 
Yesterday, Ivan celebrated his 18th birthday...
such a charming, loving uncle and brother!
Has a little temper but usually keeps it in check :)
Him and Ranen having this things going - making up
and saying a select few unique words like
meshi, mahaboni, chicolza, bababopie, formadubly....
 
Off to help put up the picket fence!!
(IF Dad and Ben knew I was finishing this blog quickly -
was waiting for pics to upload - I don't think they would be impressed!! lol)
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVELY post :)
    Keep them coming!!
    (If your Mom and Dad knew you texted me 'blogged' every time you blog and I quick check when I am supposed to be doing their books, THEY wouldn't be impressed!!!)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind,Carla, I almost crashed my car on Chilliwack Central Road, when Marlies texted "blogged", 'cause, reading glasses perched on my nose, I HAD to look, while driving, and ALMOST saw the car that had stopped for the garbage truck too late! NOT funny, but true! Nice pictures, Mar! Let us know 'bout the surprise;) Xo Mom

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... we appreciate knowing that you were here!